IMPE 2021 (ex Joint Meeting): Postponement until 2022
- Since 1987, ESPE (Europe) and PES (North America) alternated the organization of the “Joint Meeting of Pediatric Endocrinology” every 4 years.
- In 2015, the International Consortium of Pediatric Endocrinology (ICPE) was created, made up of 13 societies of Pediatric Endocrinology. In addition to ESPE and PES: APEG (Australia/New Zealand), APPES (Asia-Pacific), ASPAE (Africa), ASPED (Arab Countries), CSPEM (China), GPED (Global), ISPAD (Diabetes), ISPAE (India), JSPE (Japan), RUS (Russia) and SLEP. http://intpedendo.org/index.php
- The Joint Meeting was renamed IMPE (International Meeting of Pediatric Endocrinology), under the umbrella of ICPE.
- In 2016, SLEP was selected to organize IMPE 2021 in Buenos Aires. Chair Rodolfo Rey and Co-Chair Ignacio Bergadá. https://www.impe2021.org/
- The rest of the IPOC (International Program Organizing Committee) for IMPE 2021 is formed by 2 members from each ICPE society, a total of 26 members.
- IPOC had 3 face-to-face meetings (2017, 2018 and 2019) and 3 virtual meetings in 2020.
- Defined the Program: 12 Plenaries, 15 Symposia, 10 Meet-the-Expert, Free Communications, etc.
- Plenaries and Symposia are confirmed.
- Registration and Abstracts expected to open January 2021.
- Given the evolution of the COVID-19 pandemic, the ICPE Executive Committee and the SLEP Board of Directors have resolved to postpone IMPE until 2022, in a date to be defined.
SLEP activities 2021-2022
- In 2021 it was not planned to hold the SLEP Congress. The next SLEP Congress was scheduled for 2022.
- In view of the postponement of IMPE to 2022, SLEP will hold a Congress or academic activity in 2021. The format will be defined in the coming weeks. https://slep-endocrino.com/