APPLICATIONS Selection Criteria
Deadline for submissions: July 20, 2022
- In order to promote the development of future leaders in Paediatric Endocrinology in all countries of the region, participants will be selected following this distribution:
- 10 of the places by strict order of merit (according to CV analysis)
- 3 of places for applicants from countries not represented in the previous group (according to CV analysis)
- 2 of the places for applicants non-medical health professionals, working in pediatric endocrinology
- SLEP Summer School provides intensive theoretical and practical training for young professionals in the area of clinical paediatric endocrinology, in order to improve its development in SLEP countries. It is an intensive three days course that includes expert lectures on different topics of clinical pediatric endocrinology and presentation of clinical cases by young professionals in training or recent graduated professionals. Summer School promote a strong interaction between young professionals and experts. ALL THESE ACTIVITIES WILL USE ENGLISH AS THE OFFICIAL LANGUAGE.
- Summer School will be placed in Bogota, Colombia in between October 17 and in October 19 - During each session - selected clinical cases will be presented by the fellows and discussed. There will also be lectures of the invited teachers.
- The activity is entirely supported by SLEP
- Air tickets to and from Bogota, ground transportation, housing, and meals during the SLEP Summer School will be complimentary offered to the selected fellows.
- Complimentary registration to the SLEP Meeting 2022 will also be offered.
- Participants will be selected from applicants based on established criteria.
- Each selected fellow agree to prepare and present a clinical case under the mentoring of one appointed mentor
- The requirements to apply for a fellowship to participate in SLEP Summer School are:
- To be a professional in the area of Pediatric Endocrinology residing in Latin America.
- Age should not exceed 40 years as of December 31, 2022
- Not having previously participated in another SLEP Summer School
- To Submit Summer School Registration Form before July 20, 2022.
- To be fluent in written and spoken English language.